Mayan Prophecies for 2012 – Your Mayan Prophesy Questions Answered
Mayan Prophecies 101
Here is my first live interview on the Mayans. To be honest, I do not think I am the guy that should be interviewed. My only claim to fame is having the coolest Mayan site on the Internet. However, if enough interest is there for a Mayan Prophecies interview, then I will be glad to do it. You can listen to the Mayan prophecies interview by clicking the link below.
Just think, you can all listen in to hear for yourselves whether or not I am a blithering idiot. Or, better yet, you can call in live during my next interview and question me yourself! If you are a bit more comfortable with chat, you can ask questions that way as well. Up to you.
I was on the Mayan Prophecies 101 – Barefoot Broadcast on April 3rd.
What did we cover on the Mayan Prophecies 101 broadcast?
- Who were the Mayans?
Many people do not understand who the Mayans really were. Some have heard that the Mayan civilization disappeared without a trace over a thousand years ago and others have heard that the Maya are still alive and well and working at the Mayan McDonalds… which is true? The Mayans were able to accurately predict every solar eclipse for the last thousand years to the second – their Mayan calendar is called the most accurate time keeping system ever created by man…
Well, the answer to this question is that the Mayans were the most advanced civilization indigenous to the Americas. Their astronomy and mathematics are unsurpassed in the world during their time. Their Long Count Calendar really is the most advanced ever created.
They lived in North and Central America – from present day Mexico to Guatemala. Around 900 A.D. the Maya just disappeared…
- Where did the Mayans go?
Their cities were abandoned and left empty – to rot and decay, to be reclaimed by the jungle. Where did the Mayans go? Were they killed by disease or war or something even worse?
The answer is that we simply do not know what happened to the ancient Maya. There are people living now who call themselves Mayan, but no one can say for sure if they are related to the ancient Maya or just neighboring civilizations. What we do know is that the ancient Mayan cities were abandoned and left to be reclaimed by the jungle.
Some say that the Maya were killed off by disease and that this chased any possible survivors out of the cities… but forever? Some say that the Maya were killed off by war and conquest… but then why the magnificent uninhabited cities? And then some… well, some say that the Mayans received their advanced society by an advanced race (either from another planet or another dimension) and that this is where the Maya have gone and also where they may return from at the end of the Long Count Calendar.
- What are the Mayan prophecies for 2012?
This is the true question. The Mayan calendar ends on December 21st 2012 – but why are so many people afraid of this date? What is the big deal?
There are essentially 3 camps:
1. The end of the Mayan calendar means either the end of the earth or doom for the human race. The level of cataclysm depends on the person, but the idea is that the end of the Mayan calendar is a bad thing. The ideas used to support this theory are wide and wild – everything from Nostradamus predictions to the NASA solar maximum warning. Recent credence includes the increasing instances of natural disasters.
2. The end of the Mayan calendar means birth and renewal. There will not necessarily be any kind of “event” – cataclysmic or otherwise. There will just be a new age for mankind and the earth. The Mayan writings seem to support this theory the most. There have been previous ages according to Mayan mythology and there is to be a fifth age beginning at dawn on December 22nd 2012.
3. The end of the Mayan calendar means absolutely nothing. This is the believe of the ignorant and the apathetic. The fact that the Mayan calendar means at least a new age is clear. Reaching the end of the 5126 Mayan calendar is an enormous event in the history of mankind and should be celebrated.
- Who else has prophesied about 2012?
It is said that Nostradamus and the Hopi Indians have similar prophecies… It is said that the I-Ching prophesies and even NASA have 2012 doomsday prophecies. Is this true?
NO. Nostradamus does have some great predictions that can be attributed to 2012. NASA has issued an article discussing potentially the greatest solar maximum in recorded history to arrive around 2012. The I-Ching and Hopi prophecies seem to be connected to 2012 after the fact – although I am preparing a new article that discusses that now.
Mayan Prophecies for 2012
Please consider checking out my book available on the Kindle: Mayan Predictions 101: What will really happen in 2012?
- Who Predicted the End of the World in 2012, Nostradamus or the Mayans?
- Solar Maximum: NASA 2012 Solar Storm and Solar Max – Is NASA Lying?
- Predictions of 2012 – Is the Mayan Date Wrong?
- Five Frightening Signs the World Will End in 2012
- Long Count: The Mayan Calendar 2012
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!